Today I was set apart to be the new Stake Cub master. What a big calling this is going to be. As Brother Leigh Gunnell of the stake High Priest set me apart, during his prayer, he said some things that I want to share and hope that one day I can turn to this blog for reassurance. He said that if I serve faithfully that I would have many blessings, and when I felt like I needed more blessings in my life then all I have to do is turn to the Lord in prayer and he would bless me. He said that I need to use my time wisely so that I can balance family and my new calling and that if I do, I won't neglect either one and things will get done. He said to use the help of my assistance and the den leaders and others and I was to learn how to delegate and work on managing (that was not the word he used, I can't remember) others and the boys would see from my example leadership skills. He also said that I was responsible for these boys in our stake boundaries, members and non-members and that we are to reach out and help build their foundation for their lives. I am not remembering everything from the prayer, but this is what I can remember. It was a great priesthood blessing and the prayer seemed to be very insightful and comforting to me. It was great to feel the spirit during this priesthood blessing. I am scared to take on this big calling, but I have the support from my husband and the kids with other people from the stake so it should give me the strength to endure.
Sean is leaving for Boston then to New York. He leaves tomorrow for Boston then on Tuesday he heads to New York for a couple of days. I was going to go out an meet Sean in New York on Tuesday, but the Holy Ghost has said that I shouldn't go and that I need to stay home. I can't deny the spirit as much as I want to go to New York. I am bummed, but I know that I am doing the right thing.
Good night.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You will be awesome in your new calling! You have a wonderful spirit and you will be blessed.
blog is looking great!
Post a Comment